TOTUM Sales Tips
Modified on: Wed, 24 Jun, 2020 at 12:01 PM
We've put together a series of sales tips that will help you to increase awareness, grow card sales and drive downloads. Whether you have 10 minutes or a spare hour, we've got your back!
10 minute tasks:
Send a version of this promotional email to all students either using your own system or ask your institution for help. This ensures every student full-time and part-time knows about TOTUM.
- Make sure a link to TOTUM is on your institution website and VLE. All the digital images to make it look good can be found here.
- Share content from WWW.TOTUM.COM and our social channels on your own Channels
- Make sure you watch the how-to buy TOTUM video
Got a 'spare' hour?
- Work with your marketing and enrollment team to ensure that buying TOTUM is part of information sent to new students.
- Use this PowerPoint in your tutorial
- Recruit student ambassadors as interns/work experience – liaise with Business Department or Work Experience Team.
- Make sure the institution staff know they can buy a TOTUM card by using staff email/intranet/staff unions. If your Students' Union or Student Council votes to allow staff to be associate members we are happy for them to buy cards.
- Put TOTUM posters in every classroom. Order them here
- Get all volunteers, staff and officers to like and share the TOTUM social channels (IG and Twitter) – this will really help get our posts seen by the right people.
- Learn from others in the sector (Workplace is like Facebook but for work)
Longer term ideas:
- Make TOTUM part of money saving campaign
- Get officers to push TOTUM at institutional meetings where possible and appropriate. (Even wearing a TOTUM badge on your lanyard can start a discussion)
- Get your student governor to present about whole college approach to TOTUM at a Governors meeting.
- Consider buying all bursary or 19+ dLSF students a card – make their money go further! Talk to your student support team about any under-spends. We can supply voucher codes for as many students as you need!
- Run “Play Your TOTUM Card Right” game - Can students guess if the discounts are higher or lower?
- Get students to add local offers that can appear in the TOTUM app. We can supply window stickers for any retailers that want them.
Did you find it helpful?
Sorry we couldn't be helpful. Help us improve this article with your feedback.